Wednesday, 20 August 2008

The Welsh Johnny Depp

We went round to Joad's place this evening for dinner (or is it supper these days - I've lost track). He cooked us some very tasty food and we talked for a very long time. I may have droned on as I seem to do more and more these days. I am becoming such an old fart. I should stand in the middle of Cambridge with a 'The End of the World is Nigh' placard and be done with it. I've never been what you could call a 'people person', but I'm certainly becoming more misanthropic as I get older. Maybe everybody does.


Joad asked me if I'd noticed a comment posted on my blog by one of his ex-students. I hadn't and did a search when I got back. Having found it, I was pleased to see that she was about to go and buy some of my books. I was also very amused by her description of Joad as a 'Welsh Johnny Depp'. I suddenly had a picture of Joad's lecture's resembling the one given by Harrison Ford in Raiders of the Lost Ark, filled with adoring female students fluttering their eyelashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment